Monday, April 21, 2008

Unsung Heroes of Audiobooks

I just finished with my SFFaudio duties and while I don't really listen to audiobooks or fiction podcasts, I'm always looking for people overlooked in the industry and in this case, it's people reading the stories in audiobooks and podcasts (in the sense that they're not as popular as authors or editors unless they're celebrities in the first place or the authors themselves).

So my question is, who are your favorite readers? Stephen Eley? Mur Lafferty? Or the author of the piece?

1 comment:

Matthew Sanborn Smith said...

Wichita Rutherford is far and away my favorite. If you haven't heard it yet, check out Escape Pod #36, "Connie Maybe." http://escapepod.org/2006/01/12/ep036-connie-maybe/ Brilliant stuff

Also, Matt Dillon did a fantastic reading of "On the Road."