Friday, December 28, 2007

Year End Thanks

I'm not really a Thanksgiving kind of guy mainly because it's a foreign holiday although that doesn't mean I'm not grateful. I usually just save it for the New Year. In no particular order, I'd like to thank the following:

1) The Lit Critters, Philippine Genre Stories, and the other Filipino authors and artist friends out there: without you guys, I wouldn't have been published. And it's easier to write when you have company (not physically being there but supporting each other).

2) The various podcasters: podcasting is my new vice and one of my more popular page visits comes from my weekly round-up of podcasts. But you know what, I can't have a list of podcasts without the podcasters. I'm like the Magic: The Gathering card Regrowth or Demonic Tutor. Or in D&D, the spell Limited Wish. I'm only useful because you're out there. No podcasters and no weekly list. It's that simple.

3) Various international authors and editors and publishers: you know who you are and you really made my year great. Just the fact that you're commenting on my blog or that you're replying to my comments on your blogs is a great boost to my spirits. Just keep on writing/publishing and I'll keep on supporting you. Oh and thanks for the books!

4) The New Worlds Alliance et all: it's nice to know that I can sum up my various fandoms under one umbrella organization instead of naming them individually. Thanks for all that you've done for fandom so far, thanks for all your activities, thanks for all your support, thanks for publishing my articles, and thanks for letting me hang out by your booths.

5) Anansi Girl, for letting me hijack her podcast. =)

6) Various people, websites, and organizations who've offered me more writing opportunities (alas, they don't pay but beggars can't be choosers; we have to leave something to be grateful for next year!).

7) My friends over at Livejournal, who give me insights into their personal lives and leaves me with something interest to read every day.

8) My readers. No readers = no blog. =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just want to say thanks for all your podcast links! I really appreciate them. It helps me find all sorts of interesting things!

Charles said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying them!